Friday, August 05, 2005

It's all over but the crying...

So, 60 minutes ago I walked out of my Hebrew midterm with two very distinct feelings. 1 - "It's over. I'm so glad it's over." 2 - "What the?!?"

I went into this midterm with the knowledge that there were a number of words that I just flat out would not be able to translate, if they showed up. I was aware of this, and although I wasn't exactly ok with it, I was at peace. Unfortunately, it seemed like ALL of these words showed up on the exam. I didn't know what had hit me.

What's even more amazing is that I was THE FIRST person to pick up my exam and finish. Now, you could think that I just knew what I didn't know and finished early. You would be wrong. Well, not entirely. I did know what I didn't know... but I still took all the time given (90 min) and a couple after. But everyone else in my precept (save for one - who left when I did) was still working! Can you imagine? I think from the looks around the classroom and talking with people afterward, that was one tough test.

Now, I'm not complaining. I understand that I wasn't necessarily as prepared as I could have been, nor should have been. I understand that I don't have as firm a grasp of the material as others do, or as I should have. But, whoa!

Ok, I'm done. I will expend no more breath, nor type expounding on this subject. What's done is done, and I'm definitely done...

1 comment:

jlee said...

that test was brutal. period.