Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Quick hitting quotes

Here are a few quotes/thoughts I've come across lately that I find interesting/enlightening/amusing:

"I dance like I golf - very seldom and more for my partner's entertainment and comic relief than anything else." - Brian McLaren, More Ready Than You Realize

"It's the struggle that gives us our identity"
- Rev. Phil Ferguson, Limping Away From the Struggle (Sunday 7/27 sermon @ Liberty)

"Love is the answer at least for most of the questions in my heart." Jack Johnson, Better Together (from In Between Dreams)

"Grief shared is half grief; Joy shared is double joy." – Honduran proverb

"We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world." Samaritan towns people from Sychar in John 4:42

"A little less consumption is always connected with a little more connection." - Rob Bell (Sermon, God is Green - Towers & Tomatoes)

Hope you enjoy these quotes that are bouncing around inside my head...

No comments: