Friday, July 04, 2008

Estranged States to live in... Happy 4th

As a Canadian, living in the US for the past 10 years now, I experience a very odd feeling of not belonging. Now, I can't speak for every ex-pat out there, but particularly as a Canadian, in the face of the rampant patriotism that often doesn't allow you to question, let alone critique your country, I have quite a hard time. It's been even more the case in the last 4 years as I've gone from feeling like the US military presence abroad was actually doing something positive, to discovering some of the seedy details, and wondering if this wasn't just another case of power corrupting good intentions. Anyway, on this day, where the US celebrates it's independence (by way of a bloody war...), I'm going to kick back like everyone else and pretend that everything here is A-OK...
Free
Clipart or Photos: www.ace-clipart.com

No comments: