Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hard at work

So, Friday I posted about waiting and how it reminded me of waiting for Christ's return. Well, Aidan isn't here yet, and so taking a page out of Paul's second letter to the church in Thessalonica, yesterday I participated in a work day on a habitat home. A dozen or so churches in the Delaware area have put in funds and donated time in order to build a habitat home. It's pretty cool. The truth is, waiting can't get us so bogged down that we become worthless. Yeah, I'm waiting for Aidan to arrive, but there's also a bunch of stuff out there to do and a bunch of ways I can be faithful to God, out there. While we wait for Christ, we too, can't sit around and be worthless. We've been given a mission, and opportunity to be ambassadors of Christ. It's probably a good idea we live out our calling instead of simply waiting at the gate for his eventual arrival...

No comments: