Saturday, December 22, 2007

Not again...

I'm so sick of the terrible decisions made by network executives. There are currently 2 shows on tv I care about, 3 if you include Lost which won't be back for another month still. Bridgette got me into Heroeswhen it first began, and I'm glad I did. This year, with our DVR, I decided that Journeyman, which followed Heroes at 10pm on Monday nights, was worth a chance. I stayed up REAL late to watch it - and I am REALLY glad I did.

I'm not sure if I've watched more than one or two episodes live, sometimes watching them up to a week later - but I've watched every one of them, and I love the series. I'm hooked. So, today I'm scrolling around through my DVR and found a Journeyman episode that I hadn't watched - even though I'd already watched this week's episode. I checked it out, it really was new and it aired on a Wednesday night. I was confused.

Later, I googled Journeyman and found that there was a possibility it would be canceled. Supposedly NBC (Nothing But Crap), hadn't agreed to pick up the back nine of the season. But there was a huge grassroots campaign started to Save Journeyman. I really hope this show returns. With all the crap that's out there - I mean, NBC has been airing ER for centuries and you couldn't PAY me to watch it, and they cancel something new and well-written? It's crazy. I hope it doesn't end up in the same place that so many other good shows like Arrested Development and Firefly did - on the scrap heap. I know it's all about ratings and whether they can sell commercials, but man, you'd think they'd figure out a way to keep the good stuff on and weed out the real crud...

No comments: