Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wow

On Sunday, this little boy celebrated his 3rd birthday. That would mean that 3 years ago today, I woke up for the first time with Brennan in our "home." It's been a wild ride since. He never ceases to amaze with his vocabulary, his perception, his compassion - or his strong will. I can't imagine where he got that last trait. One of the most interesting things that he's begun to do is mimic me. He's begun to "preach" to people. Only a few months ago we were just describing what I did as "speak" to the people upstairs in worship. Now, he not only talks about me preaching, he wants to do it too. In all honesty, I'd love for him to find his calling in full time Christian ministry. However, I'm not going to push it AT ALL. He can be a faithful follower of Jesus no matter what he does. In fact, it'd be cool if he were a chef (he loves to cook) or a mechanic (he loves trains & cars). I'll encourage him wherever his gifts and passions take him. And at the heart of all my prayers for this little guy, is that he would know how loved he is by God, and that he would love God and find his place in God's mission. Hopefully I can be a good enough example for him that he'll want that too...

No comments: