Sunday, January 18, 2009

Less is More? My Update

Not necessarily. This didn't necessarily apply this week in my 2 "fitness" areas. When I weighed myself today, this morning, AFTER breakfast... 211 lbs. Technically that's a drop of 1 lb. But since I can't really say I did anything in particular, I'll call it a wash.
As for the financial fitness - we're a couple more chapters into the book - working our way through the myths of debt. One of the best parts of Dave Ramsey's book is that he hit you straight between the eyes and says he problem is you. So...

Here's the hinge that'll take me to my song (yet again on Sunday night) - the change has got to come from me, 'cause that's where the problem is. That said, here's an excerpt from the David Crowder Band's Surely We Can Change





Where there is pain Let there be grace
Where there is suffering Bring serenity
For those afraid Help them be brave
Where there is misery Bring expectancy
And surely we can change
Surely we can change Something

And the problem seems Is with you and me
Not the Love who came To repair everything

...

Oh, the world's about to change
The whole world's about to change


In many ways, that's the good news of the gospel - I'm the problem, but there's also something good out there that has & will repair everything. Tomorrow is MLK Day & the day after that the first Black president will be sworn into office in the US. No, that doesn't mark the change of everything, but I do believe it's something. And as someone who believes that I'm the problem, it's great to be able to see, at least small signs that point to God's repairs being made - even if they happen VERY slowly...

No comments: