Thursday, February 08, 2007

Time to stop messing around

I'm done my Final Assessment, Spring semester has started, I've submitted my applications for the long-shot overseas opportunities and I have T-minus 5 months before PTS kicks us to the curb. I think it's high time I get my PIF (Personal Information Form, aka Resume) done, so I can start officially looking for a call. Really, it's about 4 questions of no more than 1500 characters, that I have to write. My plan is Sunday at the latest to send them off to my liason for input, so that by next weekend it's up and I'm sending it out.

Currently, I'm thinking about Associate Pastor positions (Youth, Education, Young Adult, Discipleship, etc) with an eye toward the NE quarter of the country (West to Chicago, South to DC and everything North & East of that) with wild cards such as CA, WA, AZ, CO, NM, VA, TX and Atlanta. We're fairly open. Last I checked there were about 80+ opportunities that fit those descriptions. Of course, we only need 1 - the right one. It's an interesting thing too, this whole "job search/call" process. There are so many variables - but you've got to remember that this is about a call, about God's leading. I believe there's one place out there that fits us, that fits me and Bridgette & Brennan, our family, our personalities, gifts, talents. As of yet, we're a long way from figuring out where that is. And if you feel like praying for us, we'd appreciate prayers for discerment, and that Bridgette & I would be on the same page - hear the same things, be open to the same things, and have our desires met in God's call to the same place. Of course, I need to get the ball rolling a bit and finish this PIF thing...

1 comment:

Higgins said...

Hey Don...

I am at a forum for Pentecostal studies all day Saturday. Sunday I am working on a paper concerning the eschatological Christ. This is one crazy weekend. Feel free to give a buzz, if you can.

Blessings! May the Lord direct your family by his wonderful Spirit!