Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Prayer

Everything we say is prayer - it's just a matter of whether we recognize we're speaking to God or not

I had a neat moment the other day, recognizing and then being reminded of the importance of prayer. Not as a formula and not as a method to achieve a desired result - but as a requirement for life, a requirement for health, a requirement for wholeness. And when I take that time to pray, to consciously devote my words to God, I'm always encouraged by what transpires. And I realize... if what we do to people is also what we're doing to God then it makes sense that whatever we say is also said to God - and therefore every word, whether it be a blessing or a curse, is also said to God. I think that should make a difference in both the way I speak to people - and hopefully in the way I recognize God's presence, daily...

No comments: