Tuesday, September 25, 2007

What the?

Today's Weather Report:
****************************
Mostly Sunny High
90°F

Precip
20%

Wind: SW 10 mph
Max. Humidity: 54%
UV Index: 6 High


Sunrise: 7:23 AM ET
Avg. High: 73°F
Record High: 90°F (1939)
****************************

Anything there seem out of the ordinary? How 'bout the end of September in Ohio having a high of 90 degrees! I mean, are you serious? I woke up this morning a good 40 minutes before the sun rose (6:45am) and was blown away when I looked up the weather report to find I would, yet again, be sweltering in heat. What happened to the Fall?

I love the warm weather like everyone else. I don't want to wear a parka & tuque all year round, but come ON. Bring on the crisp cool air of Fall. If I've got to wake up to the darkness, at least I can have a little cool air - especially as I sleep!

Hmmm... maybe the truth is inconvenient...

**********************
UPDATE - Today's Quote
**********************

"Humans, I discovered, need stories the way we need air."
-Sue Monk Kidd
Firstlight

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't the heat wonderful? I sweated up a storm installing a screen door on the outside of my house today - and I loved every minute of it.

jlee said...

that's definitely not the problem here in the seattle area...