Thursday, July 06, 2006

Busy, busy, busy

So, since the computer went down and we got this new one, we've been to Canada & D.C., hosted Bridgette's family from L.A. in between - along with 2 different couples whom we went to school with, and of course helped a new couple move to CRW. It's been a whirlwind last two weeks or so and it's not about to stop anytime soon. We have t-minus 23 days until we move across the courtyard into a 2 bedroom (which is LONG overdue) and just 5 days after that we will be on a plane to L.A. for two weeks. Oh yeah, did I mention that we will be hosting family (my sister & brother, and Bridgette's sister and 3 kids) for two separate weeks before we move?

Now, sometime in there we're supposed to get our apartment ready for the short move - not a small task when we sometimes feel we're so crammed in here we can't move. And I also need to begin studying for my Ordination exams which come smack dab, right after we return from Los Angeles in August. I say all this not to bore anyone, but as kinda the reason for the fact that this blog has been and may continue to be somewhat stagnant. It's not just the loss of the computer, although that was a significant factor. But as I spend most of the day between trying to entertain Brennan and trying to get normal household stuff accomplished like dishes, laundry, sweeping and simply eating my lunch, I sometimes don't have the energy or the inspiration to write. Hopefully that will change, but I see no rhythm being established in the next 2.5 months so who really knows?

But I can say this without equivocation - I love my son and despite the difficulties it has been a joy to be able to be with him so far this summer and I wouldn't have exchanged this for anything and I'm still looking forward to the rest of the summer and the rest of the time I get to be with him. Now if I could only get him to take more than a half hour nap...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Brennan is a big boy! I wish I could meet him. :)