Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Shot in the Dark

I've been MIA from this blog for about a week now. The reasons are two-fold. First, my family was in town which meant that I had a little less free time for being online, etc. The second is that once I get out of the habit of something, it seems to get harder to get IN to the habit of it again. It's certainly been that way in a number of areas of my life. I've heard it said before that it takes 30 days in a row to creat a habit - or whatever you want to call it. That may be true - I'm not sure I've been able to do ANYTHING 30 days in a row over my entire life, so I'll have to take their word for it. But I can defintely vouch for the fact that it takes significantly less time to get out of a habit. I'd say a day or two. Which makes sense that it's taken me a day or two just thinking about posting to make a post.

But, I'm still stuck as to what to write about. It's almost as if my creative juices get sapped up if I'm not using them. Kinda like a foreign language - "Use it or lose it." So, this is my shot in the dark. Yes, I've got a couple more Elijah posts to write and throw up. Yeah, I could post on my family visiting - fun but not really something I'm reflecting on, or on my Tigers or Bengals, but I'm not there. Better to just throw something up there, see if it sticks and come back - you know, get back into the habit. I'm sure after a day or two, now that I've hit "post" it will get a little easier...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don- You can see that I write most days and often it's only for me to read it and feel like I'm accomplishing something. It's harder too because we have jobs and have to be careful what we say.

If anything write so I have something to read. :) Thanks for your last comment too that meant a lot to me.