Monday, July 17, 2006

All in the family

So, it won't be long before the world knows the truth - the truth that my wife is a far better writer than I. But of course if you ever read this you'll know that I am not really a very accomplished, and definitely not a very disciplined writer. I'm much more of a person who's just going to come out and say it rather than sit down and craft a well written comment on said subject.

But, I think it's safe to say, my wife is officially a blogger. My beautiful, blushing, bride, the pride of Syracuse, NY, Graduate of Roberts Wesleyan College with a Communication degree and vast experience as a Copywriter - she has begun her very own blog and you can check it out here.

Today, she made a post about our charming (read crazy) cat and his adventures with our son's first haircut. Unclear? Check out her post and you'll understand, she does such a better job of telling the story. I know she's been feeling bad lately about not being able to be around as much - having to go back to work and all and leave Brennan home with me all summer - not feeling as if she's living up to all her responsibilities as mom. But it's stuff like this, the haircut, which she so obviously cared way more about than me, that just proves how great of a mom she is. Truly, if it had been up to me I'd have cut his hair weeks ago, but it would have been with the clippers I trim my beard with and there would have been no clippings left to save.

In many ways, I am blessed to be able to share my life with her and to have this awesome family. It's so nice to think that even though we were a family before (just the two of us) we REALLY feel like a family now that we have Brennan. And Bridgette is such a great mom, that there's no one I'd rather be having a family with...

No comments: